Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) is an effort by California State University, Northridge to support science teachers in the San Fernando Valley. The concepts being developed by CSUN can be applied to all subject matter at all grade levels.
What is a Linear Function?
Linear functions are those whose graph is a straight line. A linear function can be written in the following form.
y = f(x) = mx + b
This is called slope-intercept form. Where m represents the slope of the line and b represent the y-intercept.
What happens when m or b changes?
- Each student picks a slide in the Google Slides presentation.
- Graph the linear function using desmos.com/calculator.
- Take a screenshot of your graph and add it to the slide show.
- What happens as the value of m changes?
- What happens as the value of b changes?